Matthew D Stone
Matthew Stone has been involved in construction, new development, and real estate his entire career. He started as an apprentice at his family’s construction company as a teen and later used the skills he gained there to fund his college education. After receiving both a Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering and a Master of Construction Engineering Management from Montana State University, Matt moved to Nevada to work as a project manager for a specialized contractor company, where he built medical facilities throughout the Las Vegas Valley.
After five years, Matt began working for Capital West Development as the director of development. In this role, he pursues real estate and land development. Matt has constructed residential, office, retail, and light industrial buildings for both Capital West and for his private clients. He works extensively with real estate brokerage and property management services for his own clients and for Capital West’s portfolio.
Matt specializes in entitlement procurement, predevelopment planning, and construction management for a variety of segments within the construction and development industries. He uses his unique experience to offer clients far more than standard construction services. Matt is a licensed real estate broker and property manager in Nevada, and also holds a Utah real estate broker license. Acting as an owners’ representative, Matt has negotiated leases, coordinated tenant improvements, collected rents, and managed regular repairs and maintenance.
As a contractor, Matt has been issued a rare unlimited general contractor’s license from the Nevada State Contractors’ Board. This licensed is fully bonded and insured, allowing Matt to take on projects of any size. Matt is a LEED Accredited Professional with the Green Building Certification Institute, a NAIOP Developing Leader Graduate, and an OSHA 10 hour card holder.
Professional Credentials & Associations
- • State of Nevada Licensed Real Estate Broker
- • State of Nevada Licensed Property Manager
- • State of Utah Licensed Real Estate Broker
- • State of Nevada Licensed General Contractor, Unlimited License
- • LEED- Accredited Professional
- • NAIOP Developing Leader Graduate
- • OSHA 10 Hour Graduate
- • Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering from Montana State University
- • Masters of Construction Engineering Management from Montana State University
- • Advising in site selection and planning
- • Creating and maintaining project forms and other documents
- • Managing the project design, entitlement, and permitting
- • Supervising construction
- • Engineering large and small projects
- • Utilizing value engineering to reduce cost and project duration
- • Reviewing construction documents and shop drawings to anticipate future obstacles
- • Writing subcontracts and agreement change orders
- • Performing tenant improvement work
- • Negotiating leases on behalf of owners
- • Performing property management